Tuesday, August 26, 2008

ARRRRRRRGH

Okay, So I think it's time for a bit of a rant....

For some reason, I let these people play games with me. I get so wrapped up in thinking that I'm actually liked for who I am, not what I can offer, that I seem to forget the one rule I've made since everything has changed. ' Don't trust in others as easily as you would have them trust in you'. Yeah, just because I know I'm trustworthy doesn't mean everyone else is. Still, I sometimes lapse into that old way of thinking. I sometimes lower my standards to be...I don't know, accepted at the time?

Look, I don't care anymore. If you want to play games, then go and play them with someone that still has the energy to play them. Go play them with someone that has the patience for it. I don't . Not anymore. I'm sorry I'm more mature than that. I'm sorry you think that by me being mature, I'm missing out on things. I don't see it that way. I love my life right now. I wouldn't change a thing about it. That's where YOU are wrong. Growing up doesn't mean that I can't have fun anymore. And yes, I will look back on this and love every step I took, every mistake I made. And you will still be where you are, still in that mindset. You will still be frozen mentally at your age, while your body will age. You will have nothing to show for anything. So next time you want to down me and say that I'm not acting my age, think about that.

Also, in regards to relationships, I'm not looking for anything. I'm perfectly content doing what I want when I want, without having to answer to anyone. I'm perfectly content being me and only having to worry about me. So, yeah, while I may like someone or be interested in them, it doesn't mean anything is going to develop. So don't try to play mind games with me and think that it will make me fall harder for you. I'm immune to mind games, and have been for a while. Doing that will only make me stray farther from you. If you want to go out and do things with other people, why should I care? And trying to do those things to make me jealous aren't really working out in your favor either. So you do your thing, I'll do mine. If we meet somewhere in the middle, then so be it.

I'm hungry....I'm gonna go get my eat on.

No comments: